Blocking of E-Way Bill (EWB) generation facility for taxpayers with AATO over Rs 5 Cr., after 15th October, 2020
- In terms of Rule 138 E (b) of the CGST Rules, 2017, the E Way Bill generation facility of a person is liable to be restricted, in case the person fails to file their GSTR-3B returns, for a consecutive period of two months or more.
- As you might be aware that the GST Council in its last meeting has decided that this provision will be made applicable for the taxpayers whose Aggregate Annual Turn Over (AATO, PAN based) is more than Rs 5 Crores.
- Thus, if the GSTIN associated with the respective PAN (with AATO over Rs 5 Cr.) has failed to file their GSTR-3B Return for 02 or more tax periods, up to the month of tax period of August, 2020, their EWB generation facility will be blocked on the EWB Portal. Please note that the EWB generation facility for such GSTINs (whether as consignor or consignee or by transporter) will be blocked on EWB Portal after 15th October, 2020.
- To avail continuous EWB generation facility on EWB Portal, you are therefore advised to file your pending GSTR 3B returns immediately.
- Please ignore this update if:
- You are not registered on the EWB portal or
- You have already filed your GSTR-3B Return for August, 2020 or
- Your AATO (PAN based) is below Rs 5 Cr.
Do you know? –You can remain updated on various functionalities and e-invoice on the GST portal, through the content hosted on GSTN dedicated YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFYpOk92qurlO5t-Z_y-bOQ). More than 200 Videos/ CBTs/ webinars/ Quick videos/ Interviews etc. in multiple languages, including Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Marathi are already available for your view. The content is also regularly updated on the channel. The channel can also be viewed by clicking on the YouTube link, on the Home page of the GST common portal.