The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) announced the Empanelment to act as ICAI Exam observers for May 2021 CA Exam scheduled from 21st May to 6th June 2021 (except 26th MAY, 2021).
Eligibility criteria for empanelment.
Members who fulfill the following criteria are eligible for empanelment, to act as Observers.
- He/she should not be more than 65 years of age as on the date of empanelment; i.e. 1st March, 2021.
- His/her name should have been borne on the Register of Members as on 1st November, 2018 and continues to be so;
- Neither he/she nor his/her relatives* or dependant* is / will be appearing in the ensuing Chartered Accountants Examinations for students / Post – Qualification Course Examinations in May, 2021 in any examination centres in India or Abroad. However, applying or appearing in ISA – AT will not be considered a disability for observership for CA Examinations.
- He/she is not coaching students for any of the examinations / tests conducted by the Council of the Institute in any institutions / organization including Regional Councils / Branches of the Institute and also private coaching.
- He/she has not been convicted by any court of Law and no disciplinary proceedings are pending against him/her, either by the ICAI / Disciplinary Directorate or by any other organization, both in India or abroad.
- He/she is not associated with the Institute as an elected/co-opted member of the Council / Regional Council / Managing Committee of any Branch of the ICAI.
- He/she shall abide by the Guidelines for Observer and / or any other instructions.
- He/she is not a covid patient / or having symptoms of the Covid and will not take any assignment of Observer’s duty if detected on duty dates
- He/she will not visit any of the examination centres where children or relative/s of his/her partners, employees, other associates, articled assistants, whether current or former, are appearing in a particular centre for May 2021 CA Examination.
Honorarium of Rs.1500/- per day / per session and ` 350/- as conveyance reimbursement for ‘A’ class cities and Rs.250/- for other cities per day (to cover cost of local travel) besides reimbursement of postal, stationery, telephone expenses, if any, will be paid.
The list of A class cities are Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi/ New Delhi, Hyderabad/ Secunderabad, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kolkata/Howrah, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, and Pune.
Duties of Observer:
A member will be allotted duties in the city of his professional address only as per Institute’s records.
The main duty of the observer is to ensure that the Question Paper Packets meant for the day of the exam, with the right code of the day are collected from the bank, (where they are kept under safe custody) opened and distributed to the candidates. Accordingly, Observer is required to be present in the assigned branch of the Bank/Examination Centre from the time when the code key is opened in the bank till the conclusion of the examination, i.e. till the answer books are pooled, reconciled, packed and handed over to the designated courier agency (including answer sheet of physically handicapped candidates, if any) for dispatch to the Examination Department.
Once the duties are assigned for acting as an Observer in a particular examination centre, he/she should attend to the said assignment and send his/her report and bill in the prescribed format immediately after the completion of his / her assignment.
In case any member is unable to perform his / her assignment, the same may be declined in the portal and communicated to the Examination Department well in advance, so that alternative arrangements can be made. If a member neither informs the Examination Department nor discharges the duties assigned, he/she would be liable for such action under the provisions of the Chartered Accountants Act 1949 and the Regulations framed thereunder, as deemed fit.
It is noteworthy that giving false/misleading declarations regarding conflict of interest / involvement in coaching will lead to action under disciplinary provisions in accordance with the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 and the Rules and Regulations framed thereunder.
How to empanel:
A member who fulfills the above-mentioned eligibility criteria, desirous of empanelling himself/herself for the assignment, may do so, online at http://observers.icaiexam.icai.org.