S.B. Order No. 01/2004
Government of India
Ministry of Communications & I.T.
Department of Posts
Dated : 19.01.2004
All Heads of Circles / Region,
Addl. D.G., APS, R.K. Puram, New Delhi
Sub : Compliance of the provisions of Finance Act concerning TDS and Surcharge.
The Department of Post is doing an agency work on behalf of the Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs. Several queries have been received from various Circles regarding deduction of TDS and Surcharge. Finance Act is a statutory Act which has to be followed by all Ministries / Departments without waiting for any separate instructions from the Directorate. Ministry of Finance has instructed that all the field offices should follow the provisions of Finance Act in respect of Tax Deduction at Source (TDS) and surcharge to be deducted from the commission payable to the Agents and withdrawals from NSS-87 Accounts.
4. The decision of the Ministry of Finance may be brought to the notice of all concerned for information, guidance and compliance. Receipt of the letter may be acknowledged.
5. This issues with the approval of Director (FS).
Copy forwarded to:
- Director of Audit, P&T, Delhi.
- All Directors,Dy. Directors of Accounts, Postal.
- Director, Postal Staff College, Ghaziabad.
- All Principal Postal Training Centres.
- AD(SB)/PG/Inspection/PF/Investigation/Postal Accounts Section.
- All recognized Staff Unions & Association.
- All Accounts Officers ICO (SB).
- All Members, Postal Services Board.
- Director, GPO Kolkata.
- Anuradlia Prasad, Director (Budget), Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs, North Block, New Delhi
(K. D. Yadav)
Desk Officer (SB)