Recently CBDT made the amendments in the Income Tax Act through finance bill 2020. The due date of filling of income tax return of the following persons is extend from 30th September to 31st October:-
Section 139 : –
In section 139 of the Income-tax Act, in sub-section (1), in Explanation 2, in clause (a), ––
- in sub-clause (iii), the word “working” shall be omitted;
- in the long line, for the figures, letters and words “30th day of September”, the figures, letters and words “31st day of October” shall be substituted.
- The due date of filling of return of income of the following has been extended from 30th September to 31st October: –
- Person whose accounts are required to be audited
- Working or Non-working partner of a firm whose accounts are required to be audited.