Government of India
Ministry of Corporate Affairs
Office of the Director General of Corporate Affairs
Kota House Annexe,
1, Shahjahan Road,
Subject: Extension of time for holding of Annual General Meeting (AGM) for the Financial year ended on 31.03.2021
1. The Central Government has received representations seeking extension of time for holding Annual General Meeting (AGM) for the financial year 2020-21 ending on 31st March 2021 citing many difficulties faced due to second wave of Covid-19 and consequent lockdowns etc.
2. Accordingly, it has been decided to advise the Registrar of Companies (RoCs) to accord approval for extension of time for a period of two Months beyond the due date by which companies are required to conduct their AGMs for the financial year 2020-21 ended on 31st March 2021.
3. Kindly find enclosed a copy of the standard template for the order to be issued by RoCs under third proviso to sub-section (1) of section 96 of the Companies Act, 2013 ( the Act) for granting extension of time for conducting of AGM for the Financial Year 2020-21 ended on 31.03.2021 .
4. Please take this action with utmost urgency and issue order before the close of the office today and forward the copy of the order to this office before for consolidation and uploading it on the MCA21 website. Also display this order on the Notice Board of your respective offices.
5. This issues with approval of the Competent Authority.
End: As above
- All RDs
- ALL ROCs