GST Alert: July 2017 data removed from GST Portal:
- GST Portal is notified vide Section 146 of the CGST Act’ 2017 which facilitates all the compliance support under GST.
- Now today on 1st August 2020 Return Data for July 2017 has been removed from GSTN portal not available for viewing
- No where in law it is mentioned that GSTN would preserve data for 3 Years only but while viewing the Electronic Liability Register the Portal is showing “Maximum period for viewing ledger is 3 years.”
- Now its high time to start taking data backup for earlier period as it would be quiet helpful during the assessment stage.
- This action might be taken for lack of storage space but no intimation was given prior.