GST Deadlines for the month of September 2020
- E Invoice mandatory for taxpayers whose Aggregate Turnover in previous financial year is more than Rs 500 crore. (Notification No. 60 & 61/2020 CT; Dated 30th July 2020) from 1 Oct 2020.
- Waiver of GSTR3B late Fees- Last date for availing conditional waiver of late fees for the period July 2017 to July 2020 is 30 Sep 2020. (Notification No.- 57 & 52/2020 CT; 30th June, 2020)
- Last date for availing ITC for FY 19-20 is the due date of Sep 2020 GSTR3B return.
- Last date for issuing credit note or making any amendments for invoices raised during the FY 19-20 is 30 Sep 2020.
- Compliance Calendar – September 2020
Particulars Return/ Compliance Due Date Due date for Payment of TDS for Aug 20 TDS Payment- Income Tax 07 September 20 Return of Outward Supplies- Monthly Return GSTR1 (Aug 20) 11 Sep 20 Auto Drafted ITC Statement available for download GSTR2B (Aug 20) 12 Sep 20 Second Instalment of Advance tax under Income Tax Advance Tax- Income Tax 15 Sep 20 Last Date for Payment of Tax and Return Taxpayers with Turnover More Than 5 Crore GSTR3B (Aug 20) 20 Sep 20 Last Date for Payment of Tax and Return Taxpayers with Turnover Less Than 5 Crore having Principal Place of Business in Chhattisgarh, MP, Gujarat, Daman & Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Goa, Lakshadweep, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh. GSTR3B (Aug 20) 22 Sep 20 Last Date for Payment of Tax and Return Taxpayers with Turnover Less Than 5 Crore having Principal Place of Business in J&K, Laddakh, HP, Punjab, Chandigarh, Uttarakhand, Haryana, Delhi, Rajashthan, UP, Bihar, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Meghalaya, Assam, WB, Jharkhand and Odhisha GSTR3B (Aug 20) 24 Sep 20 GST Audit and Annual Return last date. GSTR 9/9C (FY 18-19) 30 Sep 20 Annual Return for Composition Taxpayers GSTR 9A 30 Sep 20
- GST Audit and Annual return (GSTR9 and GSTR9C) due date 30th Sep 2020 for FY 18-19. For regular taxpayers whose Aggregate Turnover during the financial year is more than Rs 5 Crore
Description Aggregate Turnover Form Period Compliance GST Audit & Annual Return More than 5 Cr. GSTR 9/ 9C FY 18-19 Compulsory GST Annual Return Between 2 Cr. To 5 Cr. GSTR 9 FY 18-19 Compulsory GST Annual Return Less than 2 Cr. GSTR 9 FY 18-19 Optional
- GSTR2A reconciliation from Feb to Sep 20 in GSTR3B of Sep 20:
(Notification No.- 30/2020 –CT; Dated: 3 April 2020)
Rule 36(4) of CGST Rules 2017 has restricted Input Tax Credit to the maximum of 110% of ITC available in GSTR 2A. However, the said condition for the period Feb 20 to Sep 20 shall apply cumulatively i.e. total ITC availed in GSTR3B during Feb 20 to Sep 20 cannot exceed 110% of ITC available in GSTR2A. In Sep 20 return GSTR2A reconciliation shall be done for the period Feb 20 to Sep 20.