In this article we discuss the about the concept of new scheme launched for Micro, Small, Medium Enterprises. MSME whose turnover under Rs. 1.5 Crore Accounting & Billing software are providing free of cost.
Free Accounting & Billing Software for MSME (Micro, Small, Medium Enterprises)
GSTN offering free accounting & billing software to Micro, Small, Medium Enterprises with the following features:-
- Turnover should be under Rs.1.5 Crore in a financial year.
- Facility available to Normal Taxpayer, SEZ Developers /Units, Composition dealer.
- Software can be use by online as well as offline.
- Facility available in this software like Sale & Purchase bills, Cash Ledger, Inventory management, Supplier/Customer Ledger, GST return etc.
- These software are available free of Cost upto 31.03.2021 or till the taxpayer turnover remains under Rs. 1.5 Crore in a financial year.
- These software is available under ‘Download’ section from the GST portal.
Direction of GST Council:
As per direction of GST Council, GSTN has partnered with some Billing and Accounting software vendors for providing free software to Micro, Small, Medium Enterprises, with annual turnover of under Rs. 1.5 Cr, in a financial year. This facility is available to the active Normal taxpayers, SEZ Developers/ SEZ Units and taxpayers who have opted for Composition scheme under the GST regime.
There are eight products to choose from. These are available as a cloud based version as well as downloadable version that installs on desktop or laptop. This software allows a taxpayer to run his daily business by providing day to day billing and accounting features, alongwith facility for return filling for their GST related compliances.
Some of the free features being made available by all the vendors are Sale/Purchase/Cash Ledger, Inventory management, Supplier/Customer Masters, Generation of Invoices, Preparation of GST returns etc.
The software would be available free of cost to eligible taxpayer till 31.03.2021 or till the taxpayer’s annual turnover remains under Rs. 1.5 Cr. In a financial year, after which the taxpayer may have to pay a fee to the vendor.
For using features other than free features listed or using the software beyond the initial free period. The taxpayer may visit respective vendor product site to ascertain fee payable, if any.
To download the accounting and billing software on the GST portal, the taxpayer need to login to the GST portal, the taxpayer need to login to the GST Portal with valid credentials and navigate to Download > Accounting and Billing Software option.
The user manual and FAQs for the same and vendors providing software can be viewed at the following links: