The income tax department will launch a new e-filing portal on June 7, 2021, in order to provide a hassle-free and comfortable experience to taxpayers.
- Immediate Processing of ITRs and Refunds:- The portal will be integrated with the immediate processing of the income tax returns to issue quick refunds to taxpayers.
- Pending actions to be displayed on a single dashboard:- All interactions and uploads or pending actions will be displayed on a single dashboard for a follow-up action by the taxpayer.
- Free-of-cost ITR preparation software:- The Taxpayers will now be able to access a free-of-cost ITR preparation software that will be available online as well as offline with interactive questions to assist taxpayers to file their returns on income, even if they do not have much knowledge on tax-related issues. It will help in pre-filling and minimizing data entry effort.
- New call center for taxpayer assistance:- A new call center for taxpayer assistance will be available for immediate answers to taxpayer queries with videos, tutorials, frequently asked questions (FAQs), and chatbot/live agent.
- Major portal functions now available on the mobile app:- All major portal functions on the desktop will be available on the mobile app which will be enabled subsequently for full anytime access on a mobile network.
- Availability of multiple new payment options:- A new online tax payment system on the new portal will be enabled subsequently with multiple new payment options using UPI, net banking, RTGS/NEFT, credit cards from any account of the taxpayer in any bank, for seamless and convenient payment of taxes.
- It is noteworthy that services on the portal will not be available from June 1 till June 6. The portal will not be available for taxpayers as well as department officers and therefore officers have been directed not to fix any compliance dates during the six day period.