Mostly Taxpayers having aggregate turnover more than Rs. 5 Crores for F.Y. 2019-20 are receiving Email from GSTN. The purpose of the email is to bring to the notice of the taxpayer that the turnover will be used for certain validations in the System which are as follows:
- Determining due date of return filing
- Computation of late fee by the system.
Also Taxpayer can use the same for reporting interest on delayed payments based on self-assessment basis.
If any taxpayer having Turnover less than Rs 5 Crores has received such mail then grievance can be filed with https://selfservice·gstsystem·in for redressal in the format provided in below mail.
Extract of the email is as follows which has been further divided into parts for better understanding:
Dear 07AAAXXXXXXXXXX (……… PRIVATE LIMITED)
- Your aggregate turnover for the financial year 2019-20 has been computed by GST system based on the returns filed in Form GSTR-3B by all registrations on the common PAN. The same has been found to be more than Rs. 5 Cr where returns of FY 2019-20 filed upto 25th July, 2020 have been considered for the said computation.
‘Aggregate turnover’ is defined under clause 6 of section 2 of the CGST Act, 2017.
- Methodology for Computing aggregate turnover is divided into 3 parts which are as follows:
(a) Turnover declared in Table 3.1(a), 3.1(b), 3.1(c) and 3.1(e) of GSTR-3B has been accounted for the computation.
(b) If the return of a tax period which was due to be filed but has not been filed for any of the GSTINs registered on the common PAN, the turnover of that period has been estimated by way of extrapolation as under:
[(Turnover declared/No. of GSTR-3B filed) * No· GSTR-3B liable to be filed]
(c) The turnover (including extrapolated turnover) of GSTINs has been summed up at PAN level.
- Further, it is brought to your notice that the above turnover will be used for certain validations in the System such as determining due date of return filing, computation of late fee by the system. You can also use the same for reporting interest on delayed payments based on self-assessment basis.
- Filing Grievance :
If any discrepancy is found in the turnover data based on the computation, as explained above and the actual turnover, the taxpayer may file a grievance at https://selfservice.gstsystem.in for redressal. The taxpayers are advised to upload the information while raising complaint in following format, which will enable our team to resolve the same:
|Sr. No.||GSTIN||Registration grant date||Tax period of last GSTR-3B filed||Date of filing of last GSTR-3B||STATUS (Active/ Cancelled)||Turnover as per taxpayer (Rs.)|