Section 115JD of the Income Tax Act: Tax credit for alternate minimum tax
(1) The credit for tax paid by a person under section 115JC shall be allowed to him in accordance with the provisions of this section.
(2) The tax credit of an assessment year to be allowed under sub-section (1) shall be the excess of alternate minimum tax paid over the regular income-tax payable of that year:
Provided that where the amount of tax credit in respect of any income-tax paid in any country or specified territory outside India under section 90 or section 90A or section 91, allowed against the alternate minimum tax payable, exceeds the amount of the tax credit admissible against the regular income-tax payable by the assessee, then, while computing the amount of credit under this sub-section, such excess amount shall be ignored.
(3) No interest shall be payable on tax credit allowed under sub-section (1).
(4) The amount of tax credit determined under sub-section (2) shall be carried forward and set off in accordance with the provisions of sub-sections (5) and (6) but such carry forward shall not be allowed beyond the fifteenth assessment year immediately succeeding the assessment year for which tax credit becomes allowable under sub-section (1).
(5) In any assessment year in which the regular income-tax exceeds the alternate minimum tax, the tax credit shall be allowed to be set off to the extent of the excess of regular income-tax over the alternate minimum tax and the balance of the tax credit, if any, shall be carried forward.
(6) If the amount of regular income-tax or the alternate minimum tax is reduced or increased as a result of any order passed under this Act, the amount of tax credit allowed under this section shall also be varied accordingly.