The following GST amendments have been made effective w.e.f. 01.01.2020:
- Aadhar Authentication is mandatory for GST Registrations.
- Mandatory online modes of accepting payment also inserted in GST as inserted in Section 269SU of Income tax Act.
- Transfer of Cash Ledger balances on the common portal within Major and Minor Heads has been allowed.
- Penalty of 10% has been introduced under anti-profiteering provisions.
- New SEZ Registrants needs to provide SEZ related information in REG-01.
- TRAN-1 and TRAN-2 dates extended for taxpayers facing “technical issues” to 31.03.2020 and 30.04.2020* respectively.
- As a one-time measure to enable taxpayers to clear the backlog of all GSTR-1 which have not been filed from July 2017 to November 2019, a late fee waiver till 17.01.2020 (vide NN 74/2019 dt. 26.12.2019) has been provided.